Fredrick Edwards Limited are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and our customers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. Throughout the policy, we refer to your personal information as your data,
- by email at: email@example.com
- by post to: Fredrick Edwards Limited, Broadstone Mill, Broadstone Road, Stockport, Cheshire, SK5 7DL
Our data protection registration number is ZA774603. Our company is registered in England and Wales.
You can control, access or restrict the use of your data, and you have rights under this policy. You can withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time. Please note: if you have signed a contract to complete a claim, our contractual rights will still apply and we may contact you in relation to a cancellation fee or any outstanding monies owed to us.
Why We Require Your Data
We obtain personal information from you. When you provide your information on our website, you consent for us to use your personal information to:
- Contact you via the contact methods you have chosen to provide, including via text message, telephone, email and by post
- Contact you about your potential tax refund claim
- We may also contact you to offer other products and services which may benefit you. These will only be within our Group of Companies.
- Administer our website, including ensuring that we can enable your use of the services on our website (including enquiries and complaints about our website) and improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
During the provision of our services, you agree for us to process your personal information through signing our Letter of Authority which means you agree to our Terms of Service, to allow us to:
- Supply to you services under your contract;
- Send you general commercial communications by the contact details you have provided to us during our services;
- Contact third parties on your behalf, with your specific instruction;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested; and
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
Failure To Provide Data To Us
Please note, we require certain personal information to be able to complete our services. If you do not provide this, we may not be able to fulfil our contract with you. In this event, we will explain what data is required and why. If you do not wish to provide this, we have the right to terminate your contract with us in accordance with our Terms of Service, which you agree to by signing our Letter of Authority.
In respect of our legitimate interests, we have a legitimate interest in keeping you updated about any further services offered by us which may be of interest to you both during and after the conclusion of your contract with us, including communication of any developments that may have an impact on your original service (e.g. a change in the law that will make additional services available to you). We will use the details you have provided to contact you including by telephone, text, email and post. If you do not wish for us to contact you in this manner, or by a specific method, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time to one or all contact methods and this option will be easy for you to complete.
We also have a legitimate interest in using your data to help us to review our services and obtain analytics in respect of our customer base.
We may also be required to use your data due to a legal requirement which is placed upon us; this includes our regulatory requirements such as financial record keeping, staff training and monitoring, in addition to complaint handling. In these circumstances, we may be required to keep your data by law. We will always inform you if this is the case.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of your data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to the supply of our services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, address, telephone number and any financial information);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters);
- Information required to complete our services that we will request directly from you, including your personal circumstances and information about your financial products and services; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
If you do not provide the personal information we have requested, it may affect our ability to provide the services that we are offering and you will be informed of this at the appropriate time.
Recipients Of Your Data
We control the use of your data as you have directed.
To allow us to provide our services to you, the following third parties provide critical functions to our business and will process your personal information as directed by us and in accordance with strict data security arrangements:
- Our Services: during our services we will provide your data, under your specific instruction, to named Lenders, loan Brokers and, if required, the Financial Ombudsman and Financial Services Compensation Scheme. We may also provide a referral to our legal partners, at your request;
- Our Systems and IT: we use third party firms who provide essential storage arrangements (including call recordings), software and support to our infrastructure;
- Post and Printing: we use an outsourced print-house who manages our printing, they receive a copy of postal communication and print and send this on our behalf;
- Our Regulators: we may be required to provide your data to our Regulators, who include the Claims Management Regulator, the Legal Ombudsman Service and the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- Our Professional Services: we use professional legal, consultancy and accountancy services to help us fulfil our legal obligations.
We do not sell your data to third parties in any circumstances. We have carefully selected our third parties due to their commitment to keeping your data safe, and all data is processed within the European Union and subject to the same legislation. If you request for us to stop processing your data, we will also communicate this to the relevant third parties if they are processing this on our behalf. If you have any concerns about the above third parties, please let us know and we can provide advice and support to help you manage your data preferences.
You may also wish to visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You can withdraw your consent (opt-out) for us to contact you at any time. Please note: if you have signed a contract to complete a claim, our contractual rights will still apply and we can contact you in relation to a cancellation fee or any outstanding monies owed to us.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Third Party Data Transfer
We do not specifically transfer your data to countries outside of the European Union. However, some of our third party service providers may provide services which mean your data is transferred outside of the European Union. In any case, we ensure that there are appropriate security measures in place such as technical security, including encryption and restricted access to your data. The only circumstance in which this may happen is if one of our third party data processors backs up their systems (to keep their data secure) outside of the European Union. In any event, we have strict contracts in place to make sure your data is kept safe and your data is always under our control. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for further information.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.